Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bag of carrots

Hello! This is Jessica B. for Eureka Stamps today! I am so glad today is Thursday as it is one day closer to the weekend! I love the weekends.
Today I have something to share that I am going to use as some little treat bags for Easter. Here is a a little info about the "bag" I used..It isn't really a bag HA! The Kraft paper used on the bag was actually some packing filler from something either I or my husband has ordered recently and there was an enormous amount of..I hated to let it go to waste....so I came up with the idea to make some treat "bags" for Easter. This is what I came up with..
 I ironed the paper but it never really straightened out..so I thought something more earthy , organic, for the image...instead of cute. These carrots fit the bill perfectly. I also used this verse stamp and Bismark ink to randomly stamp the back ground. Next up was to put the eyelet in the top flap..add the twine and poof..my simple little bag was done. Now I will be very honest, I think it is kinda plain..and i may have  added something else to it..but in reality my kids wont appreciate me *making* a bag..so..plain and simple it is for them. If YOU wanted to make one..and jazz it up a bit, there are tons of possibilities..like using decorative scissors around the flap ..or a border punch..using patterned paper..etc..but for my candy hungry children..this will be it! ( Oh the carrots are a solid stamp..so I used my SU Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive to ink up the carrot..( I only have the spots..so it was super easy to ink up..)

If you haven't check out Eureka Stamps recently.. please do..it is FULL of great stamps..I know you will find some you *need* ;)


Have a great day and please drop back in..the rest of the DT is fantastic..I know you will always see something great!

1 comment:

  1. Now that is darn cute. I love using non-crafting items like this. Very clever. I've missed that stamp on the store site. I can't believe how many times I'm saying that. Better pop in and see what else I've missed. Great job, Jessica

    ReplyDelete